Monday, May 28, 2012

A life worthy of living

      I have to tell you something that someone said that made me well...shocked? Not excactly. Surprised would more be the word i'm looking for.
      When my daddy picked me up after a weekend spent with friends and church family in Potter Valley and the rodeo, we went to see my Grandma who stays at the care home in Willits. As we walked down the hallways with her, we stopped to say "Hi" to one of the othe residents we have met numeral times, and always seem to go away with an encouraged heart after seeing him. (He is the type of person who try's to thank the Lord for everything in life, and always sends the Lords blessing your way when you are leaving. You know, the kind that you always end up smiling at even if your sad yourself, and your smile ends up staying with you even after you have said your "good-byes") Anyway, we had said hi and were about to move on, when my grandma decided to introduce my little brother to him whom he had yet to meet. My dad started talking to him and told him he had 5 boys and 2 girls. The man looked at me then my dad and said "So this is your seccond wife?" (Reffering to me) I laughed so hard! I tryed to supress it as to not embarass the man at his mistaken asumption. But I couldn't help it. Once I had quited the laghter, along with my dad, he explained that I am his daughter and he had one more little girl, but my mom was at home. The man told us that when he was married, he had a wife who had had more than one abortion even without his knowing of it. Only he did not use the word abortion, but instead murder. I was at first shocked, and suprised at the way he worded it. But that is really what it is. Only, our culture has excepted this as "a parents rightful choice" never considering it for what it really is. Do we really murder when someone has an abortion? We have been as frogs, slowly starting at a convincing, seemingly innocent warm, but ending in a deathly boil. From 1973-2008 nearly 50 million legal abortions have occured in the U.S. According to Abort73.com. God has said that the being in a mothers womb is a living, wonderfully created child. "For You have formed my inward parts; You have covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; mavelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them." Psalms 139 :13-16 God knows who we were, are, or will be, before we are even born. He has a plan for our lives, even before we are brought forth on this earth. Who are we to say that a child in his/her mothers womb, is not even a person. That they are merely a blob of tissue untill the full 9 months of pregnancy have been fullfilled? Did you know that abortions have taken place even up to this point? To take the life of one so blameless and innocent, and take away they're chance for living, is appalling. And not only to do it, but to say that it is ok and indoctrinate young mothers that it is even the right thing to do. I know everyone has her "reason" for when and if they make this choice. Whether it be that she is afraid of being left alone in the world to fend for herself and a new baby taboot, or that she "had not planned this pregnancy," or maybe that she thinks she has enough children already. Whatever the reason, it does not compensate for the fact that it is a child, a human being, even from the point of conseption. It brakes my heart that so many do not even know what they are doing, that they have been brainwashed into the worlds ragime of indoctranation that this is ok. and normal even.
    I was so moved by the way the man at the care home had said with such honest conviction and belief that abortion was and is, truely murder. The murdering of sweet innocent babies. I pray God would open the blind eyes of so many who don't even fully understand or recognize what they are doing and turn to Jesus in repentence and a saving knowledge of Christ. The sad thing is that many are christians even as thay make this dicision. If you wish to know more on this subject of abortion and the facts reffering to it, the website I was on seemed pretty accuate.  Abort73.com I do not write this to make you feel ashamed or without hope, but rather to help open our eyes to the truth. The absolute, undiluted facts. Without this we will not feel the need for change. And change...this is exactly what we need. 

   Please know I say this in all love for you, my dear readers, so that you will know the truth regarding this so you do not make a heartbreaking decision. Many of my friends who read this are far from the point of needing to even consider one way or the other. However, I would wish you to be aware for future refrence. May the love of Jesus permenate your hearts today.
-Kayla A.

No comments: