Thursday, August 2, 2012

The life of love ~ and the people who share it with us

This last weekend we went to family camp up at Hartstone. Having our church family there, spending time with two of my very closest friends, my heart swells with gratitude for the amazing people God has put in my life. And that I get to share some of it with them.
   Walks in the evening up to the pond, laying in the tall, green, sweet smelling grass. Gazing up to the heavens, and watching the soft ripple of the mirror-like pond. Talking in soft tones, as if there really is something to be reverent of in that place so beautiful, you feel you have seen just a part of what heaven must be like. Sharing and confiding in friends you so trust, and listening, praying God would make you better the friend He would have you to be. I am so gratful for all that God has given to me. I pray I would become more in the likeness of Him every day, and show to those I love, just how much I love them, without letting my sin get in the way to flaunt it.
    
     Do you ever feel as I where you are so grateful and excited for what God is doing in your life, and yet so afraid you'll mess it up, and ruin the opportunites He sets before you? I don't want to live my life in fear, but rather the love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control He comands us to bear. How is this body able to be at such war within itself? My spirit and soul pray and long and strive for what is right, all that is good and true and noble. But my flesh pulls against me untill I want to screem! I feel so much like Paul when He says "For the good that I would, I do not, but the evil which I would not, that I do" Romans 17:19  I just want my life to be an example of Christ in me, yet when I am at home, and my gaurd is down and I am tired or hungry or want things to go right, sometimes I fall into the pit of dispare, and the many questions of life come surfacing to the top of my mind untill i'm sure my head just might pop right off..................sigh....As I was sitting here I was praying with my bible sitting my my side. A gust of wind blew through the door onto my face, refreshing and rejuvinating me and causing me to send  a thank you heavenward. My bible page had also turned in the winds quake, and as I looked down I saw the verse Psalm 55:22 which says, "Cast thy burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the rightous to be moved"
Is that coinsidense? I think not. I think that is a word from our Savior, a reminder of what to do in our time of need. I am reminded once again that trusting that He does have a plan for our lives, and He will sustain us in our weakness, if we will only call out to him in praise, in pain, in help, in love. This is what we are made for, to be in communun with our Father and to live our life in holy praise and thankfulness for His great goodness. This is what will shine through our life to show others the differense about us, if we will only let it. If we will only choose, pray, and praise. So I praise God now for His bountiful goodness, His love everlasting and redeeming, for the wonderful people He has set in my life, both to to love and be loved by. And I thank Him also for the hardship, painful though it may be, so I can become more the daughter, sister, friend, and witness He wants me to be. And, I thank Him for you. I pray that whatever you are going through, wheather it be good, hard, exciting, or heart breaking, that you would come to the arms of Jesus as your stregnth. Nothing else will sustain. In the good and bad look to Him as your guide, for without Him this life is empty. For HE LOVES YOU.

        Here are some of the things I am greatful for...............................

My Best Friend Hanna

My Best Friend Beck

My Best Friends Anna and Becky

My Litttle Sister Fathie

Wild Flowers

Misty Mornings at the Pond. (This is near our house at Lake Emily)

Fragrant Roses...just stop and smell them sometimes, you'll be glad you did.

And my Daddy. There are so many more things i'm greatful for, these are just a few to name for the thousands unamed.
    Remember Jesus Loves You and wants you to be His and then you can see the beauty in everything He's made. It's really amazing seeing things through a godly persective. So once again THANK YOU GOD!!!!!
                                                               xoxo- Kayla
    

No comments: