Thursday, September 6, 2012

Autumn Colors

   Changing of the season. Crazy sceduals. School. Birthdays. Ministry. Autumn leaves on the verge of changing color to vibrant hues. Crisp mornings. I love this time of year...Despite it's potential craziness. I am actually glad the school year has once again started. (I have ALOT of school, due to some doubleing-up so I can have all the needed credits for college.) Just two years away!! Yikes! The time seems to fly by when I'm not looking...
       
 I  love baking for my family and friends, and though my scedual very well might be hecktic, I still manage to find some time to do some baking.-My family might have something to say if I didn't.  So...here are some recipes I have recently mixed up. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did! :D
 
(Copied from my friends blog Sky Blue)
That would be three cups white unbleached flour, 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon yeast.
Add 1 1/2 cups water.
Mix gentle.  Take it easy with the stirring.  Don’t worry about how messy it is.
Leave that lumpy mess of dough in the bowl (a big bowl because the dough will rise), cover it with plastic wrap, and let it sit on your counter for 12-18 hours (don’t refrigerate).
When the painful wait is over, preheat your oven to 450 degrees.  When the oven is hot, put the pot that you’ll be cooking your bread in (with the lid on) into the oven, and let it preheat for 30 minutes.  What kind of pot?  Enamel baking ware or cast iron is ideal, but anything with a lid and a thick bottom (so the bread won’t burn) can withstand high temperatures is fine.
So.  Dump the dough onto a heavily floured surface and gently shape it into a round ball.  Transfer it to your heated pot (flour your hands, the dough will be sticky) and cook (lid on) for 30 minutes.
That’s it!  So easy!  Can you believe it?
And look:


Yum!





My dad took this one, just to show how fast it disapeared. "Put this one on your blog Kayla." He told me. :) I guess it was a success.  You can also make it gluten-free as I did for my mom in a seperate batch, by simply replacing the white flour with gluten free instead. My mixconsists of: 1 cup rice flour, 1 cup potato starch, 1/2 cup millet flour, 1 tsp. xanthan gum (found at any health food store.) Enjoy!





I have to share this with you as well. (Pinterest find)

Starbucks Frappuccino Ingredients:

  • Starbucks House Blend Ground Coffee/Beans (my preference)
  • 10 cups fresh coffee
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar, or sugar in the raw (both tasted the same)
  • 1/2 cup of white sugar
  • 1/2 cup of Baily’s French Vanilla Coffee Creamer
  • 1/2 cup of Baily’s (optional)
  • 1/2 cup of rum (optional)

Starbucks Frappuccino Directions:

  • While your coffee is brewing, grab a pitcher and throw the brown sugar and white sugar in the bottom.
  • When your coffee is finished pour directly into pitcher so that all of the sugar dissolves quickly, then stir.
  • Add coffee creamer and stir again.
  • Adding the Baily’s and rum are optional, I only did so because it was my birthday!
  • Stir in the alcohol if you choose to and then stir again
  • Let refrigerate overnight preferably
THis is such an easy, yummy, and cost efective coffee, when compared to going to the store and buying one. I'm always one to find a home-recipe instead of speanding the extra money. Speaking of which, I was cleaning/organizing my room, getting ready for the school year, and thinking to my self, "I'm so tired of the same old thing. I need some color, fun and rustic added to this room. So...I decided to do something about it. And to do it spending practicaly NOTHING. Did I succeed? Well, I think I spent altogether 20$ tops. Here are the results.



 This one was made from some old scrap wood-boards, in our wood pile. I managed to nail them together, (yes it is at dif. angles on pupose) and paint it. Kinda' fun huh? :)


Found this idea on pinterest, the never ending source of ideas on praticaly anything. (My awsome daddy helped me out on this one.)To make:  frame, small cable with cable clamps, clothes pins, nails, and pictures!


Okay, yeah, another pinterest idea.



 Old cork-board, burlap, wood stain, and thumb tacs, for top board.
Home-made chalk-board! wood and chalk paint! Easy-peasy!


 This is something my mom made me a long time ago, I just modified it by replacing the original ribbons and buttons, and used lace scraps instead.


 Mason jars. Need I say more?

 Pretty sun spots.



 May the Lord Jesus bless you as you follow in His steps. Have a good night! xoxo- Kayla

No comments: